Park Terraces – May Project Update
Despite continuing labour shortages the builder made reasonable progress during May, with the following works completed:
Terraces 1 to 6:
- The integrated fridges are starting to be installed.
- The plumbing fit-off for the kitchens, bathroom, ensuite and laundry were completed.
- The robes have been installed, including the sliding doors.
- Balconies tiled, including skirting tiles.
- Internal skirting boards installed.
Terraces 7 to 12:
- All of the kitchens and bathroom/ensuites vanities have now been installed. The delivery of the stone benchtops has been delayed but hopefully they will arrive within the next week or two. Where possible the plumber and electrician have commenced their fit-off.
- The flashings that were holding up the scaffold from being dropped have now been completed and the scaffold has started to be dropped.
- The installation of robes and study desks have commenced.
- Gas meters installed.
- Internal skirting boards commenced.
- Glass shower screen door installation commenced.
- Painting ongoing.
- Podium level planter boxes rendered.
- The scaffold is starting to be dropped which has allowed the last small section of the podium to be waterproofed. Once completed, the construction of the last couple of planter boxes will commence.
The builder is still struggling with labour shortages and as a result they have pushed out their anticipated practical completion date by a week and they are now anticipating practical completion by 5 July. However, based on the amount of work still to be completed and the number of workers that are onsite each day, I personally believe the builder is being overly optimistic. I really hope that I am wrong, but I want to ensure that buyers are prepared for further delays to occur. As soon as I have any indication from the builder that they are going to miss their anticipated practical completion date I will let the buyers know.
If the builder’s current estimate is correct, then titles are likely to issue mid-August with settlement to occur as soon as your bank can arrange after that date.